Love baking and adore animals? Then RSPCA Cupcake Day is the perfect day to spend in the kitchen.
The official RSPCA Cupcake Day is Monday October 26th, 2020. However, this special day isn’t just about donning your apron and scoffing delectable baked goods. Oh no. Cupcake Day was introduced to encourage people to make a stand for animal welfare.
4 reasons to participate in RSPCA Cupcake Day
1. Raise money for less fortunate furry friends
This is a great opportunity to showcase your baking skills while helping rescue and rehome animals in need. After all, the money raised helps to fight animal cruelty and welfare initiatives.
The RSPCA is dedicated to caring for animals less fortunate. Every year it rescues and rehomes thousands of companion animals. Certainly, there’s never been a better excuse to bake!
2. There are cupcakes that need to be eaten!
Of course, who needs a more valid reason to eats LOTS of cupcakes? RSPCA Cupcake Day is the ideal excuse to do just that — for a cause!
Don’t like cupcakes? That’s fine, because Cupcake Day isn’t just limited to cupcakes. You can bake whatever sweet treat you like. You can choose to make brownies, cookies, slices or any other goody that tickles your fancy. The choice is yours.
3. Everyone will want to be your friend
As the hostess with the yummiest treats, people will flock to see you. If you’re a business owner, this is a great way to get people through your door.
Of course, if the exact date (October 26th) doesn’t work for you, you can host your RSPCA Cupcake Day whenever you like.
4. A sense of community
Hosting an event—particularly one that’s for a great cause and aligns with your business—is a wonderful way to create a sense of community. Invite friends, colleagues and fellow local businessmen and women to come together to enjoy a cupcake and raise funds for our furry pals.
How you can get involved
RSPCA Cupcake Day really is the pawfect reason to get your bake on and raise money for a wonderful cause. You can hold an event in your clinic or practice, at home, in your garden or business car park. The important thing is to raise awareness of animal welfare and collect donations.
To make hosting an event super easy, the RSPCA has a range of fantastic resources on its website. You can access:
- A handy guide to hosting a virtual Cupcake Day event
- Drool-worthy recipes (for people and pets) to help you really get your bake on
- Advice on collecting and banking donations
- Downloadable posters, labels, bunting and more
Funds for our four-legged friends
The proceeds raised via Cupcake Day will go towards supporting the continuous work of the RSPCA. The funds will help ensure animal shelters and rescue centres across Australia can remain open and operating.
To give you an idea of how useful any fundraising initiatives can be, check out these facts. If you sell each cupcake or baked good for $2:
- 12 cupcakes can provide a stray or orphaned kitty with a bed, litter tray, meals and a toy.
- Funds raised from 25 cupcakes can cover one week of antibiotics for an animal recovering from surgery.
- The sale of 50 cupcakes can cover the cost to desex a cat or dog, so they can be adopted.
- 120 cupcakes can subsidise emergency surgery for an animal.
- 175 cupcakes can subsidise the cost of prosecuting a cruelty offender in court.
How will you be celebrating RSPCA Cupcake Day?